Monitor & Evaluate Action
Que apoio temos nós para esta etapa?
Tool 7.1 - Monitoring & Evaluation Template For Your SELFIE-Based Action Plan
A template to guide ongoing monitoring of how your SELFIE-based action plan is progressing, and for evaluating the outcomes and impacts it has generated with regards to the digital capacity of your school’s learning community. File available in both MS Word and PDF formats for any school to download and use.
Tool 7.2 - Template for SELFIE-based Action Plan
You can use the SELFIE-based Action Plan template for the evaluation of each action described in Step 4, as well as the evaluation of the overall process after the completion of all actions. Template is available in printed format (MS Word, PDF) and through the SELFIE PTK online environment.
Besides evaluating the SELFIE-based action plan, you could also evaluate the overall SELFIE PTK process. You could seek feedback (either formally or informally) from those who actively participated (e.g., school staff and students) in all the steps of the SELFIE PTK and other relevant stakeholders (e.g., school inspector and local education authorities/officer), to identify benefits and areas for improving the entire process of the SELFIE PTK, through different point of views.
Below you can find some indicative questions that can be used to get feedback from the relevant stakeholders regarding the SELFIE PTK process:
- Was the coordinating team (in terms of role, synthesis) able to support the implementation of the SELFIE PTK? What would you change?
- Were the set priorities and goals of the action plan sufficient to guide the action plan?
- Were the success criteria and monitoring process of the action plan sufficient for the successful implementation of actions?
- Was it a collective process which involved a significant number of teachers?
- Were teachers engaged in an ongoing process of sharing knowledge, experience, and collaboration activities in relation to teaching with digital technologies?
- Has the necessary culture been developed in the school for the use of innovative learning approaches with the support of digital technologies?
- Was the school leadership proactive in the implementation process and especially in supporting teachers in integrating digital technologies into their teaching?
- Were teachers confident and skilled in using digital technology to support their teaching and adapted pedagogy? Has the school organised or facilitated professional development opportunities for the teachers?
- Did the action plan, helped teachers to integrate digital technologies into learning, teaching and the assessment of students’ skills?
- Do students feel that the implementation of the action plan has changed how they learn?
- Do teachers/parents feel that the school benefited from the implementation of the action plan?
Valuable lessons could be learned from actions proved unsuccessful in reaching the goals set due to time constraints, obstacles, reactions from parents or any other reason. These lessons may help you in future iterations of the action plan. Therefore, it is recommended to keep them as part of the action plan and include notes on the reasons of their ineffectiveness.
Measuring the progress regarding your school’s digital readiness, may result in positive findings. In this case, it would be good to disseminate those findings within the school community. The spread of positive outcomes could influence the attitudes and boost the interest of the school stakeholders who were less involved or not involved at all, in the school improvement process. Therefore, the commitment of the whole school may increase in an effort of improvement that appears promising.
Lista de verificação
When you finish working this step, you should have: